SEND Review Feedback Event
Following on from our workshop held last month with KIDs Consortium around the SEND review and Transitions, we’ve put together a handy resource to summarise attendees feedback and ideas.
The young people looked at the questions posed in the SEND Review and chose focus topics, feeding back their ideas on how to improve.
Here are some of the things attendees suggested would help transition:
– visits before going to the new setting
– a guide with the teacher’s names and photographs
– transition to start earlier
– timetable could be laminated
– being buddied up with someone else starting the school or at the school
– a map showing where to go
There is a short window of opportunity for young people to have their voices heard before the consultation on the proposed reforms closes (the deadline for responses is now July 22nd.)
The government is committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEND and those in alternative provision.
To achieve this ambition they want to work with and hear from:
- children and young people
- parents and carers
- those who advocate and work with the SEND sector
- local and national system leaders